Updated: 24th April 2016 with books I have since read.
It’s been a long time since my last post, mostly due to a lack of reading during university time. Reading just isn’t appealing to me at the moment, so I though I’d set myself some challenges over the next year to reduce my TBR pile and invigorate my reading.
Challenge 1: Kindle TBR
Using a Kindle really slowed down my reading, and I’m slowly making my way back to favouring a old-fashioned paper book. It’s so easy to stop reading a book on Kindle and forget about it – and I’ve abandoned quite a few books mid-read and left them there for a few months… ok, a few years.
This challenge is to read all the books that have been abandoned unread in the cloud.
- Bright Young Things – Anna Godbersen
- Superconductivity: A Very Short Introduction – Stephen Blundell
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- Bad Pharma – Ben Goldacre
- Pushing The Limits – Katie McGarry
The Fiery Heart – Richelle Mead
- Hard Bitten – Chloe Neill
Challenge 2: Finish ALL the series!
As well as abandoning books mid-read, I abandon series mid-series. I want to finish some series which have ended already, to achieve a sense of completeness (and so I can start some new series, naturally).
This challenge is to finish series that are worth finishing, and have already finished/will finish by the end of this year.
8. Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost – One Grave at a Time, Up From the Grave
9. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead –
The Fiery Heart, Silver Shadows, The Ruby Circle
10. Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill – Hard Bitten, Drink Deep, Biting Cold, House Rules, Biting Bad, Wild Things, Blood Games, Dark Debt, Midnight Marked, Untitled… (This is definitely a challenge!)
11. Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephenie Perkins – Isla and the Happily Ever After
Challenge 3: Up To Date
There are a few series which have serious hype every time a new book comes out (Sarah J Mass, am I right?!) but I’m just not caught up with the latest book.
This challenge is to get up to date with series I’m seriously behind on, by the end of the year or the next release (whichever comes first).
12. Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas –
Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows
13. Illuminae Series by Amie Kaufman – Gemina (released 2016)
14. Normal Series by Holly Bourne – How Hard Can Love Be? (released Feb 1st, 2016)
15. Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin – Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons…
Challenge 4: You’ve Bought ’em so You Might As Well Read ’em.
I’ve got loads of books which are looking very very pretty on my bookshelf. I should probably read them.
This challenge is to read all the books on my shelf currently, that haven’t been read.
16. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
17. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
18. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski 19. Asking for It – Louise O’Neill
20. The Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss
21. The Kingdom of Little Wounds – Susann Cokal
22. The Finisher – David Baldacci
23. The Way of Kings – Brandon Sanderson
24. Rebecca – Daphne du Maurier
This post only really covers series I’ve already started or books I already own – there are loads of new books and series coming in 2016 that I’m looking forward to which will be covered in later posts.