A huge thank you to Olivia Emily over at Bibliomad – please go and check out her blog before even thinking about reading the rest of this post!
1. Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
3. Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
4. Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
5. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions answer that first then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator and never change the Award rules.
6. Please don’t delete this note:
The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The Original Questions
1. If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
They say ‘Don’t meet your heroes’ so probably not someone who it would be too disappointing to actually meet – think when Hazel meets the author of An Imperial Affliction and he turns out to be a knob in TFIOS. I would probably go for someone who could divulge information that isn’t common knowledge today – from the Dark Ages or the Biblical Age.
2. What is your favourite book and why?
Here’s a selection:
- Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
- 1984 – George Orwell
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
- The Great Gatsby – F Scott Fitzgerald
- Obsidian – Jennifer L Armentrout
- The Book Thief – Marcus Zusak
- Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
3. Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
I have a feeling I’ll really like Celaena Sardothien when I start on the sequels to Throne of Glass… Big fan of Georgia Nicholson from Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging and Evie from Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne.
- If you could visit any place in time or space, where would you go?
Egypt, during the discovery of the tombs (think The Mummy). Alternatively early USA, perhaps the Gold Rush in California?
2. What was the last movie you watched? Was it good? Better or worse than expected?
I think the last movie I watched was Lady Chatterley’s Lover (the 2015 BBC adaptation). It was pretty good, a little more boring than expected and not quite true to the book, but enjoyable all the same.
3. Which book are you absolutely dying to read?
I’ve seen some brilliant reviews of Illuminae by Amie Kaufman (which is released this October).
Nya @ Nyareads
Disha @ Franklenstein
Anna @ Annathebibliophile
Dani @ Danireviewsthings
Macy @ MacyAvenue
Mara @ AcrossTheBooks
- Which book did you just not gel with?
- If you could choose one book to reread every month, which would it be?
- What’s your favourite food to accompany a book?
Thanks for reading!