I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Fairyloot box this month – I knew I had to have it when it was announced (and there’s *two* books in this one!).
The theme this month was:
Obviously this will be spoiler-ific, so if you haven’t received your box yet, look away now!
So this month’s box included:
- I didn’t receive a guide to the box (I think it might have fallen out!) so sorry in advance for not being able to source these items!
- Jon Snow Funko Pop! Keyring – two of these were available, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen i.e. A Song of Ice and Fire. I love Game of Thrones (and Jon Snow!) so I was excited to get this figure!
- Treasure Island notebook – this is such a cool addition, a gorgeous gold notebook based on the cover of Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. It even has a map inside!
- Tropical Fruit bathbomb from Geeky Clean – repackaged as Frostblood and Fireblood bath bomb by Fairyloot. I LOVED THIS – it smelled so great and turned the bath the most gorgeous midnight blue. The repackaging fits in with the second book in this box.
- Pirate Bounty lip balm by Geekyclean. Another cool addition – this smells of coconuts and has such cute packaging.
- Currently Reading colour-in bookmark by Behind The Pages – I’ll definitely be using this one and colouring it in! Really cute and useful.
- ‘I Ship It’ tote bag – afraid I don’t know where this one is from! Will come in useful at YALC.
And onto the books…
- Inherited by Freedom Matthews – this book came signed (and dedicated) by the author, with a letter from the author, a signed letter from the publisher Benjamin of Tomes, and a book postcard.
If saying ‘I love you’ meant death, would you still say it?
The Wilted Rose, of faery-tale and folklore, is a pirate ship filled with unfortunate souls-each forbidden to love. One such soul is Valencia ‘Lennie’ Roux. Raised in a brothel and an heir to a curse; Lennie never expected to pique the interest of any man. Yet with the arrival of vivid-eyed Nathaniel, she is torn between wanting to know him better and fearing what that knowledge would mean.
With Nathaniel bringing the crew’s total to six, the Wilted Rose sets off in search of the remaining two heirs. They hope that in reuniting, they will convince the faery Sorceress responsible for the curse, to end it. However lurking beneath the water is a long standing enemy of the Wilted Rose; who is determined to thwart their quest and bring down its leaders.
Together the eight heirs fight for survival, friendship and love.
- The second book was an ARC of Frostblood by Elly Blake. There were two ARCs available this month – the same book but two different covers, the Frostblood and Fireblood editions.
Seventeen-year-old Ruby is a fireblood who must hide her powers of heat and flame from the cruel frostblood ruling class that wants to destroy all that are left of her kind. So when her mother is killed for protecting her and rebel frostbloods demand her help to kill their rampaging king, she agrees. But Ruby’s powers are unpredictable, and she’s not sure she’s willing to let the rebels and an infuriating (yet irresistible) young man called Arcus use her as their weapon. All she wants is revenge, but before they can take action, Ruby is captured and forced to take part in the king’s tournaments that pit fireblood prisoners against frostblood champions. Now she has only one chance to destroy the maniacal ruler who has taken everything from her and from the icy young man she has come to love.
Fast-paced and compelling, Frostblood is the first in a page-turning new young adult three-book series about a world where flame and ice are mortal enemies—but together create a power that could change everything.
I’m so excited to start these two books!
Another absolutely fantastic book box from Fairyloot this month – they always deliver something special! I’ll definitely be purchasing again!